Changing meta robots in VTEX IO

Hello, everyone!

I need to block some pages from being indexed by Google. The way to do this is through the meta robots tag with noindex, but I can’t find this option in VTEX.

Can you guide me on how to change the meta robots in VTEX?

Hi @sousaeu,

The robots.txt configuration in VTEX IO is the same as the one used in Legacy CMS, and I believe the answer below, from a previous topic, still applies to your question:

Here you can also find the tutorial from our Help Center on the same subject.

Eduardo Luciano
Field Software Engineer | VTEX

Good morning, @eduardo.luciano,

Thank you so much for your eagerness to contribute.

However, the meta robots structure is distinct from robots.txt — both serve different purposes. So, unfortunately, it wouldn’t work for this issue.

But thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hello @sousaeu

Sorry for the confusion in this case :pensive:.

I looked into it on my end, including internal documentation, and found precedents where other users used the session I shared earlier, adding routes individually with the format Noindex: /{route}/*. If that doesn’t work in your case, I believe it would then be necessary to do this via Google Tag Manager, as discussed in this Stack Overflow thread.

Also included is our documentation on setting up Google Tag Manager in VTEX.