Bulk re-index the products manually

Hello All,
hope everyone is good.
Just wanted to check, do you have any idea like how we can re-indexing the bulk or mass of the products/ SKUs manually instead of by changing some attributes (that`s indexing done automatically).

But in my case, I wanted to do the manually indexing.
So , anyone having any idea , how we can do that ?

Thanks in advance.
@tyler @georgebrindeiro

1 Like

@mohitkumar there are some events that trigger indexing:

• Changes in product or SKU data;
  • Enabling/disabling of the product;
  • Collection enabling/disabling;
  • Price change;
  • Change in inventory quantity.

In these cases, creating/saving a collection can be an easy way for this purpose. Saving a category, even if you don’t make changes, also works.

Also, you may Schedule full reindexing using the Full cleanup page but this is something that only the master user can manage.

2 Likes

Hey @eduardo ,

Thanks for the information really appreciated.

Well I do agree, those changes will trigger the indexing for every product.
Actually my test case is to re-indexing of whole catalog section manually, so in that case as per your comment, we have two ways for the whole catalog indexing.

1. creating/saving a collection can be an easy way for this purpose. Saving a category, even if you don’t make changes, also works.

2. full reindexing using the Full cleanup page but this is something that only the master user can manage.

Is that true ?

2 Likes

You’re on the right track, @mohitkumar. Creating and saving collections is an alternative if you want to bulk reindex only portions of the catalog.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.