New Customer Registration/Sign Up

Hi,

QQ to confirm I’m on the correct path here, I need to create a Sign up form to our store’s header. Am I correct in thinking that I can just create a custom form using the following from the Store Form documentation:

"form": {
    "props": {
      "entity": "clients",
      "schema": "person"
    }
  }

And if that saves successfully, they will then be able to log in as normal using the store.login block? And we’ll be able to access their information on their account page?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @rlocke! Could you elaborate on the requirement for a sign up form?

One of the benefits of VTEX stores is that users don’t have to create accounts prior to their first purchase. Their accounts are created when they complete the checkout flow.

Usually we would point developers towards the Store Form documentation when they want to create a form that allows visitors to sign up to a newsletter, send feedback to the store, join a special VIP club or something like that.

While we don’t recommend adding a sign up form option that allows users to create an account with their email and password prior to shopping, the best way to do that is through the vtex-login component.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 21.51.12

Users can sign up by going through the following steps:

1. Click on the :bust_in_silhouette: SIGN IN button
  2. Choose the SIGN IN WITH E-MAIL AND PASSWORD
  3. Click on Don’t have an account? Sign up
  4. Fill in user email and click Send
  5. Fill in access code received in their email + password they want and click on Create

They can also log in without creating a password by choosing the other login options.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @georgebrindeiro!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.